Saturday 7 July 2018

4 More To Go

I have 11 diamonds stitched. Only 4 to go before I can start stitching little sheep and fences.
Today, Shelley, Jeanette, Barb, Carol and I ventured to the Prince Edward County 2018 Quilt show.
There were lots of excellent vendors so, of course, I had to buy a couple of things. I made a bee line to Hooked on the Lake so I could get first dibs on the punch needle kits. I purchased Primitive Blooms
and Fall Frolic - both with the design drawn on the weaver's cloth and the requisite Valdani threads.
I'm still hoping to find a rug hooking class to take that doesn't involve driving a long way (more than a couple of hours).

I also bought a little bit of this fabric to make some cute project bags. It's called Wash Day Sheep.

There were lots and lots of beautiful quilts but I'm not going to bother with photos here at present.

Afterwards, we went for lunch and then to the Lavender Festival in Hillier. There were tons of people. It was quite festive with lots for kids to do, live bands, lavender nougat and lemonade samples, pick-your-own lavender, a beautifully stocked shop, and much more. The weather was perfect.

I had never before seen white lavender in bloom.
We had a look around and then decided to go for ice cream back in Wellington then head for home. I'm sure when there isn't a festival going on, it is a relatively serene place to visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment