Friday 6 July 2018

New Projects

While at Jeanette's on our stitching day this week, I saw her beautiful 15-sided pulled thread biscornu. It was designed by Kathrin Ellison of Gitta's and is a free pattern starting on August 3, 2012 on her blog.

Today after doing the inventory of the Trillium Embroidery Guild library holdings and a delicious lunch at KBs in beautiful downtown Whitby (thank you, Jeanette!), we popped over to Kim's to do some stitchery shopping.

I decided on a dark blue fabric with Caron Wildflower threads and DMC 931 #12 perle cotton.
I also found the perfect Mill Hill beads that I'll use to finish the project.

My other 15-sided biscornu I want to start is one I've wanted to do for several months. It's a Jardin Privé design by Nathalie Cichon called Dans mon Jardin. Not surprisingly, it features sheep.
I decided on Custard Cream 30 count Legacy Linen. It's a beautiful buttery yellow. To make sure there was a bold contrast with the white, I swapped the DMC 3865 for this B5200. I want those little fences and sheep to really 'pop'.

 I'm really looking forward to starting one of the projects after supper.

Tomorrow several of us are attending the Prince Edward County Quilters' Guild 2018 quilt show - 'A Stitch in Time' in Wellington ON. We also plan to attend the Lavender Festival nearby in Hillier. It will be a full day but should be lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment