Tuesday 24 July 2018

Starting to Sew It Together and Bathroom Reno Planning

I started sewing the first tier of biscornu diamonds together.
I'm going to tackle the next tier tomorrow. It will involve sewing the top two edges of a 2nd-tier  diamond (with words on it) to adjacent bottom edges of the first tier.

But before I started cutting out the diamonds, I stitched my name and date on the bottom part of the third tier - the tier with the bee hives.
If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll try and get it all stuffed and sewn together.

I spent most of today running around picking out items for our upcoming main bathroom renovation. I picked out, ordered, and paid for:

  • floor and wall tile (pick up in a week)
  • sliding glass shower doors (2 - 3 weeks)
  • whisper quiet ceiling vent fan (2 - 3 weeks)
  • vanity top and sink (3 - 4 weeks)
The vanity has been ordered and has been shipped. Not sure when the ETA will be.

I have a good idea of the shower/tub fixture and tub that I want. They're open stock items so can be picked up any time. I need to also decide what towel rods and toilet roll holder, and light fixture that I want.

When I get the floor tile, I'll have to decide what colour grout to pick.

It's exciting to be getting a new bathroom and Skip will be happy to have a bathroom counter 3" higher than the 1983-style one, but I find making all the decisions about fixtures is stressful. Mistakes are very expensive. Fortunately I kept all my notes from the ensuite bathroom renovation 6 years ago so I just ordered the same tile and a fairly good match to the vanity.

Unfortunately, some of the items will take almost 4 weeks to arrive so the demolition won't begin for a couple more weeks. Hopefully everything will be done by the end of August. Fingers are crossed.

Our contractors will get to decide when demolition will start as they will have a pretty good idea of what the timeline for the job will be.

Next renovation? Our kitchen in the fall... $$$$$

Yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment