Sunday 17 March 2019

3 Beads

I finally stitched the 3 little 'mistletoe' beads onto the Kissing Cardinals piece.
Their position was not indicated on the chart so I had to use the photo to determine where they should go.

Yesterday, Jen, Marilyn and I went to the Peterborough Fibre Arts Festival and Sale. I bought a seam ripper with a hand-turned handle and a felting needle with a handle. I'm all set for my needle felting class on Wednesday.

While there, I saw all kinds of people I know from other groups: Windreach fibre folk, Shuttlebug Spinners and Weavers, my Tuesday night spinning group, etc. We are all looking forward to The Gathering in Port Hope on Saturday, March 30.

For lunch we went to Apollo Grill on Lansdowne St. in the Mapleridge Mall, then ventured to Needleworks - a fabric and cross stitch shop in downtown Peterborough. I bought a yard of blue turtle batik fabric - all blue fabrics were 30% off - and a vintage cross stitch magazine containing an intriguing pattern for an embroidered accessory bag with a flap.

On the way home we stopped into From The Heart - the lovely quilting shop in Bethany. I didn't buy anything but did enjoy looking at all the lovely wool felt and quilting fabrics.

It was a fun day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment