Thursday 21 March 2019

A Very Crafty Day

Yesterday afternoon I participated in a needle felting workshop at Windreach Farms, directed by fibre artist, Rosemary Oliver.

She had a selection of wool shapes for us to use as a base that were die-cut from old blankets. There were lots of beads, buttons, and pieces of fibre for us to use.

Before I left home, I did a bit of searching and found my multiple needle felting tool and felting surface that had been in my stash for years. The multiple needles made my work very efficient. The red-handled scissors are micro-serrated and are WONDERFUL for cutting any type of fibre as the serrations 'grab' the fabric/thread.
No photo description available.
I was able to complete this circular piece. Rosemary provided the little knitting needle her husband, Jonathan had fashioned for us from pieces of knitting needle and little knobs glued on the end.
I got the felting and stitching done on this leaf. I just need to sew the beads on.
Last night was our Trillium Guild meeting for March. Jeanette did a workshop on having us embroider miniatures. We did a search on Pinterest for inspiration.

I decided to do lilacs.
I have a few more French knots to do for the second bunch of lilacs and will add a few more 'leaves'.

We were provided with the little hoops to frame our pieces. It could then be used as a pendant, pin, or hung as an ornament.

The day before I got ambitious and cut out fabric to make 4 more of my vinyl-window project bags. From the top down: Hedgehogs, Beauty and the Beast stained glass, sea turtle batik, aqua paisley and floral.
I got the interfacing ironed onto all of them and am in the process of cutting out the linings. I figured I'd do a production line of four of them. Not sure when I'll get back to the sewing, though. because

MY CHARTS CAME IN!
I'm in the process of deciding what 'fancy floss' I'll use or DMC conversions. An excursion to my LYS is being planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment