Saturday 9 March 2019

Goldfinch Finished

I started this Mill Hill Buttons and Beads kit for over a year ago. I finally finished it (FO).
I haven't pinned or laced it yet. It's just set into the frame wrapped around a piece of cardboard. I just happened to have this frame in my stash.

The original kit came with the light aqua perforated paper. I substituted 28ct linen in the exact same colour.
The kits come with both a stitching needle and a beading needle. All the cross stitches and long back stitches are done before the beads are attached.
It makes for a very attractive, dimensional piece.
My stitching friends mocked me when I pulled out the threads as I finished up the last stitches. True, it does looks like a disorganized rat's nest. When I originally sorted the threads, I was on vacation and had to use what was at hand. In this case, a piece of corrugated cardboard from a box.
However, at closer inspection, one will note they're all sorted by colour. I had no trouble finding the thread that was required when it was required. When I've FFOd the piece. I'll just throw these leftover threads away.
I still need to cut the backing to fit into the frame, then pin and lace the piece.

I've also been working on the Hands On Design smalls set Just Bee: Bee More.
Image result for Hands on Design just bee
It's a quick stitch - great for binge-watching FlossTube and Netflix.

The real colours are not as blue as the picture on the package looks.
The chart comes with the bee charm and gold chenille 'cording'.

I recently had to buy a new laptop. My previous one was 7 years old and starting to run v e r y   s l o w l y. Rather than sink more money into a veritable 'antique' I bought a new Acer Aspire 5. The SSD (Solid State Drive) was only 30GB so I have signed up for Cloud storage. I'm happy to report that the new Acer is running great and much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment