Monday 31 August 2020

'Fruit of the Vine' Needleroll

Last week at Jeanette's, Poppy gave me a belated birthday present. I was really surprised when I opened it and it was a complete kit for a beautiful needleroll.

The fabric is a lovely soft 28ct linen and there also were the 5 skeins of floss needed for the project.

I started in right away, welcoming the change from the 40ct project I'd been working on. 

I stitched the charts side by side and finished it this morning during my Monday morning chat with my Monday morning stitfchers. 

I will cut the two sides apart to finish them with a piece of flannel between them. I'm pretty sure I have the flannel in my stash from a previous sewing project. I still need to get the ribbon as well. Because a centred ribbon would cover the stitching on the outer piece, I'm going to use two thiner ribbons on each side. I also need to find a scrap of fabric to make the pin cushion that is attached to the bottom. I may make it rectangular. We'll see.
It's going to make a really beautiful needleroll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment