Monday 10 August 2020

Pandemic Stitching Freebies

I stumbled across this lovely stitchery website and found a free Be Well pattern that had a couple of specialty threads. Wanting to take a bit of a break from Newcastle Bouquet, I started Be Well last night.

It wasn't until I stitched it that I noticed a teeny weeny 'be well' between the pink and blue 'flowers'. If I stitch it again, I'll make the letters more prominent.

I still need to finish the bees' wings and insert the date. Somehow I got one thread out between the two 4-stitch pieces of 'grass' at the bottom and the 1 over 1 date won't fit properly between them. I'm going to frog one of the patches and move it over one thread to accommodate the date properly.

The Drawn Thread also has a lovely Be Well freebie, again, with a couple of specialty threads.

Mi Maleta Lila posted a freebie on her blog called 'Bees Stay Home'

Bees stay home Cross stitch enmarcado

Here's another from Little Stitch Girl.

Be Well and Stitch Freebie  |  Stitch Count: 60 x 66

And from Factura Designs. (these show the chart so I'm only providing the link)

And from Lizzie Kate.

And from Cottage Garden Samplings.

There are lots more. Just go to a search engine and enter 'be well cross stitch freebies' and lots will come up. They're easily adapted to ornaments or personalized. Some could be box or jar lids or pictures in their own right.

Have fun and stitch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment