Friday 21 August 2020

Let's Start Again, Shall We?

This week, Marilyn and I went up to her cottage for a couple of days. Both our 'bubbles' are small so we decided to include each other and spend a couple of days stitching.

The weather was great - warm in the daytime and cool at night. I slept great and we both slept in quite late both days.

Here's the view from her deck facing west:

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor, nature and water

I could feel my blood pressure going down looking out at this view. Ahhhh.

It was lots of fun. I re-started my Newcastle Bouquet last weekend so I would have it to work on at the cottage.

This is where I abandoned the first attempt.

The letters are done in cross stitch.
This is where I am with the new one. I am doing the letters in Algerian eyelets. I modified the 'K' and will do so to any other letters that don't have elements in groups of 4 stitches. 
The eyelets take FOREVER but I like the look of them much better this way.

I'm still trying to get my hands on 2 skeins of Classic Colorworks Licorice Red. I ordered them and a couple of other things from Gitta's last week but they were out of stock. I've checked several Canadian Etsy folks and everyone seems to be sold out. One other Ontario stitchery shop charges a flat rate of $9.95. That's more than the cost of the floss so I continue to search. I will probably resort to the DMC equivalent (which is given on the pattern).

No comments:

Post a Comment