Tuesday 24 November 2020

Good Mail and Another FFO

This came today:

It was out of print for a while until Annie's reprinted it in the fall. It sold out and they had to do another run so I was finally able to order it. Shipping was expensive - $10 - but I'm glad I have this guide to many embroidery stitches for counted thread.

Last night I finished stitching 'Snowman's Treats'. I ironed some fusible interfacing onto the back in preparation for finishing it (FFO). BTW, I have tremendous success getting creases and hoop marks out of my fabric using Best Press. I put the item face down on a couple of layers of terry towel, spray the back with Best Press, and steam press it on the cotton setting (high). 

Finishing it today took a while. First, I had to find a round object the right diameter for the piece to use for a template for the circles. I had to pick the fabric for the back, cut the two pieces of cardboard, and batting for mounting the piece. I spray basted the cardboard and adhered the batting to it so it wouldn't slide around during the mounting process. I then basted around both fabrics to pull the edges in on the back like a yo-yo. Then I glued the back and the front together and secured the edges with WonderClips. While the glue was drying, I made some cording using 6 lengths of #5 while perle cotton. After removing the clips I glued the cording around the edge and made enough for hanging. 
The back fabric matches the lighter blue. I like that it also had swirls - like the steam emanating from the mug on the front.
Ready for hanging.
Several of my stitching friends are putting up their Christmas trees next week. Our new one is still in the trunk of my car but I'll be getting mine up next week as well. It's always fun to see all the ornaments in it that I've made over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment