Tuesday 17 November 2020

Two More Finishes

I got the beads on the Winter Greens sampler. I had the called-for beads in my stash but decided to go with sparklier gold beads instead. 

I'm still not quite sure how I will FFO this. 
I also spent a lot of yesterday loafing and stitching. I started this piece during my Monday morning videochat. I was using what I thought was 28ct linen but it turned out to be 24 ct in one direction and 28 count in the other. Darn that cheap MCG Textiles stitching fabric! It wouldn't necessarily have been a problem except the piece is supposed to be square. So I started again with some 36ct white linen from my stash. I stitched on it while bingewatching the latest season of 'The Crown' and finished it up last night.

It's Winter Cardinal Etching by Cecilia Turner and is in the new Winter/Christmas 2020 issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine. It's the last in the series of hear seasonal etchings - each one appearing in each issue of 2020. If you get the digital subscription, you have access to the previous year's issues as well as the next 4. At $24US (rather than $36US for the print issues) it's a very good value. The Winter/Christmas issue is always really big and can be ordered individually as well.
I substituted DMC 115 for the red and used the DMC equivalent given in the pattern for the dark grey. When I stitched the Quaker Sampler using DMC 115, I cut out the brightest red areas of the variegated thread and had saved them. I used those bright red sections on this piece. 

I found a suitable frame in my stash.

This pattern would also be very nifty stitched over one and could be a nice little ornament.

No comments:

Post a Comment