Monday 23 November 2020

Tackling UFOs, Starting, and Finishing.

I unearthed this project which I had mostly completed last year. All that I had left to do was the many snowflakes/stars all around the border. 

It's a Tanja Berlin Hapsburg Lace Sampler. I have the bell pull hardware somewhere and a plan for backing it with blue fabric.

I'm working on another Winter Cardinal Etching - this time over 1 stitch. I just have to finish the trees and finish it into a little ornament. 

Last night I started this cute ornament from the December 2020 Just Cross Stitch Magazine, Snowman's Treat by Caitlin Baerg.
I have some white pom pom trim that I'll put around the edge. I just need to find something the right diameter I can use as a template for cutting the circle for backing, batting, and fabric for the back. 

I finished a Hardanger ornament. It was a little 'Learn to Hardanger' kit from Victoria Sampler that I stitched years ago and was in one of my many piles of finished but not fully finished pieces.

The kit came with the gold beads and reindeer charm. I made the cording from some #5 perle cotton DMC 890. The pattern is also in two formats in Issue 34 of The Gift of Stitching from November 2008. It's called 'Vintage Christmas Ornament'.
Both the back and front are padded with a bit of batting.

I also framed this piece that I stitched years ago when I was spending the winter in southern Texas. I purchased the pattern at Judy's Stitchery Nook in Harlingen TX and completed the stitching back in 2011. It's 'Bucky the Snowman' by The Trilogy. It was a little card with the buttons in a little zip lock bag stapled to it. I found the frame in my stash.
I didn't put it behind glass because of the buttons.






No comments:

Post a Comment