Thursday 5 November 2020

Crafting Nervously

During my videochat yesterday with my stitching peeps, I started a little Christmas piece, Winter Greens by Little House Needleworks.

I remember getting it on the half price table at Judy's Stitchery Nook in Harlingen TX on one of my winter visits. 

I had a piece of Pearl Grey 32ct Belfast linen in my stash and all of the threads so was able to get started right away.

I got all the dark green words stitched during our videochat. The rest was stitched while watching the post-election ballot counts from various states. 
This election has been so nerve-wracking. I hope they can get the ballot counts done soon. I dread any court cases that Trump will launch as it will drag things out. However, I believe Biden will prevail and things will calm down considerably south of our border.

I've also been knitting frantically on another scrap sock yarn blanket. It's the Excavation pattern on Ravelry by Hipknitizer. I'm using a much larger needle (3.25mm) than was recommended because I prefer a looser drape. 

It has been quite soothing and is actually causing the pile of sock yarn remnants to go down. This is the fourth blanket I've knit with scrap sock yarn so am getting a lot of mileage out of it.
I don't like how the pattern is written. It has one do the increases until it's the size you want, leaving strands on one edge. Following the pattern, the decreasing rows has the fringe start on the other side but if you knit, the purling is visible on the right side. Instead, I knit two triangles to the same hypotenuse length then rotated one of them 180 degrees and grafted them together. Another thing I did was knit a bunch of rows without decreasing on the right side and increasing on the left side, not leaving a fringe and splicing yarn on the right edge. I preferred that my blanket be rectangular rather than a square.

On the previous one I knit, I 'twirled' the fringe to make a nice finish. Two of the same ends with two of the adjacent ends.
Then made sure the knots all aligned and trimmed the ends.


Only two more days until the new Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine will be released!

One of the pieces I stitched for Teresa Kogut will be pictured with her pattern. (I'm so excited). 

Frolicking on Fern Hill:
Back to my stitching...

No comments:

Post a Comment