Thursday 26 November 2020

On a Roll

 I finished another project today. I only had to put a few beads on it and a bit of stitching.

It's a little Mill Hill ornament. I don't really like stitching through perforated paper because I'm a 'darner' or 'scooper'. I make one motion going down and back up. I can't stitch that way on perforated paper so it takes me longer to 'poke and pull'.


The pattern had a cool finishing technique I'd never even thought of doing before. It suggested stringing about 6" of beads to use as the hanger. I used dental floss so I knew it would never break. It gives it a bit of bling. I will definitely use beads again as a hanger.

It's going to look very spiffy and sparkly when I get it on the tree.

Several of us are putting our trees up on Tuesday, the first day of December. I bought a new tree this year as I got tired of my old tree falling apart when bringing it upstairs all these years. It was so annoying to put together that Skip and I would take it downstairs whole and just leave it standing up in the basement all year. Bringing it back up, branches would get caught on the handrail, etc. and have to be put back on - all the while prickling my hands with plastic needles.

The new one is from the 21st Century, pre-strung with lights, comes in 3 pieces, and is hinged. It should all fit back in the box after Christmas. I bought extra lights so it should be well illuminated. I'm looking forward to seeing all my ornaments as most of them are ones I've made. 

Also starting on Monday is the beginning of Arne and Carlos' knitting Advent calendar. They have designed 24 new Christmas balls for this occasion. I will only knit one per week as I don't have a lot of red and white yarn left. I've been using them up in my sock yarn blanket. I also have the advent calendar I had them autograph last December when we saw them on tour in St. Thomas. I had bought it in Bergen, Norway when Skip and I were there in 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment