Saturday 17 October 2020

Quaker Sampler

I did some therapeutic stitching last night after hearing some very upsetting news about one of my favourite YouTube couples and finished my Quaker alphabet sampler.

It's 'Willie's Quaker Square #7" from the June 2008 Issue #27 of 'The Gift of Stitching' magazine. I used the variegated red DMC 115, 1 over 2, and 40ct Platinum linen. 

It measures 6" x 6.25". I will be in search of a square frame that will work - possibly 8" x 8".
As I mentioned in a previous post, I 'fussy cut' the thread to exclude the brightest red and stayed with the darker colours. 

I really enjoy stitching with one colour and really like this particular variegated thread. 

I have SO many projects to FFO (Finally Finish). Right now I just feel like stitching, though. And that is what I'll do. 

About The Gift of Stitching Magazine. It is available for .pdf download in various formats, complete 72 issue set; set of Christmas issues; historic countries set; and year by year. 

The complete 72 issue series is only $39.99 US which, I believe, is a great value. I have earmarked about 15 patterns that greatly interest me.

Skip and I have been playing 'furnace chicken' - each waiting the other out to turn it on. I've been wearing my winter woolies (my hand knit sweaters and socks) and he's been piling extra duvets on the bed. Our new t-shirt sheets went on last week. I finally broke down this morning and turned the heat on after Skip had intentionally used the oven to prepare his breakfast so he could leave the door open to let the heat into the kitchen. We may be living during a pandemic but we're not freaking Dickens characters. LOL.

The house was down to 17C and the sun hadn't really come out yet so I broke down and programmed the furnace for 22C. It's nice and toasty in the house now.





No comments:

Post a Comment