Sunday 11 October 2020

A Rotation

I finished the model I was stitching for Teresa Kogut. I will check it over and mail it back to her this week. I think it's for her Market release next spring. I assume Market will be virtual this year if things (the pandemic) keep going they way they have been in the US.

I've been hoping to see her fall release when Above All and some other charts will become available to her devotees.

I got a lot done on the Hardanger pouch piece. I just need to do the flower in the middle of the bottom piece plus my initials and the date. Then comes the hunt for the lining fabric.

Oh yeah, and there are some threads to cut and bars to weave in the middle of those two squares on the outer flap. The pattern calls for cross stitches in each Kloster square but I'm going to use beads there on  the outer flap.

I have also resumed work on the Quaker alphabet piece.

I really like stitching with one colour. Also, stitching with one thread doesn't require 'railroading' to make the stitches lie flat. I'm a 'sewer' rather than a 'darner' so I can move along pretty quickly.
I'm still fussy cutting the bright red parts of the variegated DMC 115. 
No one would ever accuse me of having OCD but I do love the clean, simplicity and symmetry of the Quaker motifs.

I have several other projects from the CD of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly that I would love to do. I have gone through most of the 80 issues and printed a lot of the projects in the first 50 or so that I have on my 'to do' list. 

Something else I want to do is to get some of my stitched pieces FFOd in some way. I'm hoping to use some of them on project bags and also have an idea to put some on hinged boxes.

We have had some spectacular weather so far this fall. A bunch of us are going to meet on Tuesday at a local public park with our chairs, TV trays, lunches and beverages for some socially-distanced stitching and gabbing. It's so nice to spend time in person with my stitching friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment