Thursday 1 April 2021

Finally Framed

I bought the frame to FFO this stitching months ago and cut the foam core a few weeks ago. And then everything just sat.

Today I wanted to feel some sense of accomplishment so I finally finished framing this Quaker Alphabet piece that I finished stitching last October.

Instead of stitching around the piece to get it centered properly on the foam core, I just drew the lines with a Frixion pen. I then pinned the stitching to the foam core and then securely laced the edges on the back. I decided to remove the pins so there wouldn't be any pull marks on the edges.

It came out great. 



It's Willie's Quaker Alphabet #7 from the June 2008, Issue #26 of The Gift of Stitching a digital magazine that is no longer putting out new issues but the entire collection (72 issues) is available for purchase and download.

I also thought I had my double crochet Hudson's Bay lap blanket almost finished until I spread it out and the entire part I've been crocheting since I picked it up again is wider than the first part. I somehow must have grabbed a larger crochet hook when I resumed crocheting it last week. (not showing the messed up part)

So I'm going to rip out all the wonky part and re-crochet it and get it off to the chemo department of our local hospital.

Speaking of medical issues, we are going back to a loosey goosey lockdown on Saturday for 4 weeks. Skip and I have been living this way for the past year anyway so it won't make a big difference in our lives. We have lots of stuff stocked up. Unfortunately, the variants are much more contagious and more serious illnesses are resulting and to younger people. Schools are staying open until the break in 1.5 weeks. Eligible vaccine age is dropping so I am registered with 4 pharmacy chains to get AstraZeneca at the earliest opportunity unless our local public health unit drops their eligibility age and I can get the Moderna or Pfizer shot there. Following the advice of medical professionals I'm going to take whatever vaccine I'm first offered.

People can still fly in and out of Canada. Malls are still open. Schools are still open.

Tomorrow's a holiday so I plan to hunker down and get my dining room cleared out so we can use it for dinner on Easter Sunday with the good china and everything. Would it surprise you if you knew my china pattern was Royal Albert Petit Point?
I hope you enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment