Tuesday 27 April 2021

Millie and Small Pleasures

While installing horizontal blinds a while back I realized I didn't have bits long enough to do the job - reaching to the back of the mounting bracket. I've been wanting longer screwdriver bits that I can use or use with our cordless drill. (I'm the one who does the majority of repairs/maintenance to our home).

I first started looking for a long bit set but any that I saw had multiples of each size of bit. I needed one bit in every size not several bits of one size. 

A couple of weeks ago I found the perfect screwdriver with long bits on a local big box store's website. The ratchet version was $5 more so I decided to go for it - hoping the ratchet mechanism would be sturdy.

Meet Millie!

She has 7 long bits - 2 sizes of flathead screwdriver, 3 sizes of Robertsons (square), and 3 sizes of Phillips (star).

And they all store securely in the handle. The ratchet feature is a bonus. Best of all, it's my first Milwaukee tool. I see Milwaukee tools being used all the time on the YouTube videos I watch and now understand why they are so popular. They are very sturdy, ergonomic, and reasonably priced.
When the bit is inserted in the screwdriver tip, a magnet pulls it into place. These bits will also work with my cordless drill. 

I placed the online order with the big box store and opted for curbside pickup. My order was ready that evening. In the email I was sent was a button that said "I'm here" to be tapped once in a pickup spot at the store. I just had to show the employee some photo ID. I had my merchandise and was on my way within 5 minutes of arrival. So easy and quick. 

I'm going to be taking old blinds down soon in preparation for new ones to be put up so I will be able to put Millie to use. Yippee! (Small pleasures mean a lot during a stay-at-home order in a pandemic)

No comments:

Post a Comment