Saturday 24 April 2021

Poems Sock #1 Done

I finished the first Poems yarn sock last week and immediately cast on the second sock.


I won't be able to create identical twins with this yarn. 

Progress is being made on my Strawberry Thief. Isn't it lovely?

But I discovered a total rookie mistake when I was finishing the tail. When I cut and pieced the two pages together, I didn't cut the shaded part off that indicates overlap from one page to the other! And when I noted there was no colour on that part of the chart it didn't twig that that was the overlapping part! 



The arrow shows the two columns of stitches that I duplicated. I was going to leave it but since it's really not that many stitches to the right of the error, I'm going to take our the erroneous stitches and redo that part. What a bonehead move. 

Yesterday was my birthday. I had baked myself a chocolate birthday cake with chocolate icing the day before. I was feted with cards and gifts dropped off by some dear friends, a nice card and cheque from Skip and, of course, lots of well wishes from my Facebook community.

We spent the afternoon at the hospital in The Big City for Skip's medical procedure. I brought my iPad and streamed a couple of programs using the free Wifi and enjoyed an Extreme Pita at the food court in the lobby. It's the first food I've consumed  indoors in public since March of last year. 

We got home well before dinner time picking up Subway salads en route and spent the rest of the evening chilling and watching some of our favourite YouTubers. We'll order a fancy takeout birthday dinner from a local restaurant one of these nights.

I used to get so excited for my birthdays in the past but it's not that big a deal any more when we can't take a celebratory trip and eat at a nice restaurant during the pandemic. But I am so grateful for my family and friends, good fortune, and good health. I have so many blessings in my life which I know not to take for granted. I love where I am, how old I am, and who I am with, and know any of that can change in an instant. 

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment