Sunday 25 April 2021

Week 17

I'm keeping up nicely with my Steady Thread StitchALong (SAL) in the Facebook group. We're at Week 17 and I have all but one flower completed. I do have one substitution I still want to do but need to find the right colour.

This week's is poppy seed pods.

The colours are a lot more subtle than many of the other flowers I've done. It stitched up very quickly. 

I've been looking at the Steady Thread website and Peppermint Purple charts on Etsy for my next blackwork piece. I need to have a good look in my stash for 16ct or 18ct Aida. Otherwise, I'll order some from Kim from Kimat Designs and do a friendly curbside pickup. She also has mail order service and a nifty new website. She also does picture framing and teaches Zentangle - a very talented lady.

I have been doing more knitting than stitching lately, especially at night when I'm a bit more tired and want to actually see what is on the TV show I'm watching as I don't have to look at my knitting as intently as I do my stitching. I'm about an inch from starting the heel on sock #2.
I wasn't impressed with the drastic colour change and should probably have pulled the yarn until the green appeared again but will continue on. The leg of the sock isn't visible by anyone but me anyway.

I was thrilled to get three handmade gifts for my birthday.

Barb stitched a very delicate pin cushion 
FFOd in a mason jar lid.
Lorna painted me a Bird of Paradise in acrylics, and

Marilyn painted me donkeys in watercolours. Her very crafty husband, Kevin, made the rustic frame, and it was mounted and actually put in the frame by Kim (of the aforementioned Kimat Designs).

The donkeys, Oliver and Sally Ann, reside at Primrose Donkey Sanctuary near Roseneath ON. We visited there pre-COVID for an afternoon of tea, treats, and a tour of the place. It is a very serene locale for the rescued donkeys to live out the rest of their days. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment