Tuesday 14 September 2021

Faux Sashiko Update

Kim supplied me with more Coton à Broder #16 so I could continue stitching my sashiko piece. I got all the outlines done. They were pretty tedious as I stitched every square. (Just remembered to clean the camera lens after this photo and man, was it ever dirty)

Wherever it would look OK to stitch over two Aida squares, I did that. The squares where there is stitching over 1, like the incomplete one on the bottom, take forever. They're easy but time-consuming.

I have put this aside for a while because I've been working on the Teresa model which I am enjoying. I do think, however, that I should get some magnifying/reading glasses at a 4.0 strength as the 3.0 ones I'm using are at the upper limit of my ability to easily see the 40ct stitching with indoor lighting. I would rather not have to resort to using my Halo GO light at a table but do know a way I can use it with a board/lap desk across my lap while I sit in the recliner to stitch whilst watching TV.

I also have my Steady Thread SAL from Weeks 37 and 38 to work on. This week's (37) is echinops. I had to Google the name to see what colour I should use. It's also known as a blue globe thistle.
Number 38 will be out on Friday so I'll investigate then.

Skip and I both voted by mail last week so that is done. I have been invited to a friend's cottage for early next week so will have to watch Monday's election returns on TV up there. It's on an antenna so there should be a station with election reporting that we can watch. 

I'm trying to decide what all I would need to take to the cottage if I take some of my wool felt appliqué stuff up as well. I'd need my freezer paper, micron pen, little iron, ironing pad, DMC flosses to match the wool, etc. I'll decide at the last minute if I want to haul all of that up there.

I'm also trying to think of any DVDs to take that we can watch in the evenings. I have three projects planned and will throw in some UFOs to work on as well. The three I will take for sure are the Teresa model, the sashiko piece, and the hexagons to be stitched together. The weather is supposed to be nice - maybe even hot - so will take clothing for cool nights and hot days. We'll be away two nights and each take responsibility for the dinner on one of the two nights. Then lunches are usually cold cuts and salads and we provide our own breakfasts. 

I welcome the change of scenery and I'm sure Skip will enjoy having the house to himself for a couple of days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment