Saturday 18 September 2021

Wheat

 I stitched this week's Steady Thread Blackwork SAL flower - wheat.

I still have last week's to do - echinops or blue globe thistle and have picked the colours. I'm taking it to a cottage tomorrow - along with a whole bunch of WIPs.

I'll be at Marilyn's cottage for a couple of days. It'll be great to get away and I'm sure Skip will be glad to have some time to himself.

In addition to the echinops, I'm taking the sampler I'm stitching for Teresa, Newcastle Bouquet, a long-abandoned Drawn Thread project, the faux sashiko piece, a helix sock that I'm knitting, the hexagons and yarn and a needle to sew them all together, my wool applique kits and freezer paper to get the patterns traced ironed and cut out.

I'm also taking a NYTimes puzzle book and Bic Wite-out correcter tape. The correcter tape has revolutionized my crossword puzzling. I no longer cast a puzzle aside with errors. I just white them out and carry on. 

I will be taking more than I could possibly do but will be able to easily flit from one activity to the next. 

The weather is supposed to be nice - no rain, warm days, and cool nights with temps in the single digits. I'll pack some wooly socks and a hoody.

No comments:

Post a Comment