Thursday 22 June 2023

Bolts and Bobbins Yard Sale

Jen1 and I ventured up to the greater Woodville area today for the Bolts and Bobbins yard sale. They were closed yesterday in preparation for this event which took place out the back door in a covered shed. 

I had no advance ideas about what I would get. Possibly a charm pack or some fabric to go with some of the things I already have.

This is what I bought.

A few remnants which include: a little bundle of a neutral, beige fabric which could coordinate with many patterns I have,

a companion fabric to one of the charm packs I've made into hexies,
an indigo-dyed-looking blue fabric.
a Morris & Co fabric,
another Morris & Co fabric called 'Poppy" which would work well with the rabbit fabric above.
a  charm pack and coordinating fabric from the same line. This is the second Spring Brook charm pack in my stash so now I have enough to make a quilt top, combining the two charm packs and cutting the companion fabric into 5" squares. 
I was looking for some 'handmade' metal bag labels in silver or gold but they only had zipper pulls. I bought a couple of them.
On the way home we stopped at Marwan's Global Bistro for lunch. It was just the right temperature to eat out on the sidewalk patio. After delicious chicken tinga tacos, and a trip to Hank's Pastries, Jen1 drove us back to Whitby. 

It was a lovely day - great company, fun shopping, and good food. Tomorrow several of us going to Kimat Designs' stitching day in Lemonville. It will be a full day of stitching, shopping at the Kimat pop-up shop, eating, and generally having a great stitcherly time with enthusiastic, like-minded folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment