Friday 2 June 2023

A Long-Overdue Finish and Prep Planning

I stitched this piece in 2019 and then it sat.  It's 'Welcome' designed by Liz Knudsen and Ann Pettit,  Brightneedle Book No. 57.

Today I finally finished it and have it hanging on our front door.

I'm sure there's no great surprise that I bling-ed up the birds' eyes.

I mounted the stitching on a piece of foam core with a layer of batting, then mounted a piece of linen on a larger piece of foam core, glued the two together, made a twisted cord out of nylon cording and affixed it to the back.

The pattern comes in two colourways. a blue-green version for Anchor threads and a more pastel version for DMC threads. I chose the DMC version and 32ct white linen.

I'll never FFO all my stitched pieces but will continue to plug away on them.

Even though I bought a couple of fabrics to go with one of the Kaffe Fassett fabrics I got for my birthday, I wasn't that happy with the selection of bright orange for the binding fabric. It also really didn't match the peachier colour in the 'paperweight' fabric. I really needed a dark green.

I then decided to use both fabrics I was given as they're from the same line and a somewhat solid contrasting fabric for the binding. The green fabric perfectly matches the green pistils/stamens on the passion flowers and the swirls on the other fabric. 
Of course, there weren't zippers to match the green so I went with these.
I think the final result will look very spiffy.

Now to start cutting out the pieces and prep them before our class next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment