Saturday 24 June 2023

Kimat Designs Stitching Day

 Yesterday Jen1 and I attended Kim and Meagan's stitching day at the Lemonville Community Centre in Whitchurch-Stouffville.

The hall seemed to be freshly renovated/painted with lots of light for us stitchers. There were about 40 of us.

There was a table for Show and Share.





I knew probably half of the people there from my guild, Elim, and various stitching groups in which I've participated over the years. Almost all my Monday morning stitchers were in attandance.

Joanne made a thread catcher in the style of my 'taco'. It was beautifully pieced. However, in my estimation it was too large for a taco. It took me a minute to think of what one would eat in a big, folded tortilla. Aha! It's a 'quesadilla'! Brava!
Basically these thread catchers are circles of fabric lined with batting (for adherence of the threads) and bound with double fold bias tape.  Easy peasy to make and useful to have, even one per project bag. 

Snacks, refreshments were available in the morning followed by a delicious lunch of salads, roasted chicken and potatoes, bread, and ice cream in cup-shaped cones with optional sprinkles, syrups, and whipped cream. Yummy!

Kim and Meagan also had their shop set up. I have been eyeing the blue version of the Redwork Pears the last couple of times I've been in their shop so I finally pulled the trigger and bought it, along with a variegated silk thread that would work well. Better, in fact, than the called-for Dinky Dyes thread. Now to raid my stash again for a remnant of fabric to stitch them on. 
As I mentioned to Jen1 in the car, it is very humbling to have a look through one's stash before attending an event like this. It helps keep the reins on going crazy and buying everything that looks wonderful when you have the vastness of your existing pattern stash fresh in your mind.

After dinner last night, I needed an easy, relaxing project so I started making hexies with the blue Shimmer fabric I had purchased the day before at the Bolts & Bobbins sale.

When I saw this striped fabric I thought it would be perfect for 3/4" hexies.
I got a bunch cut out and mounted onto the templates. Then got three done. There's a metre of fabric so I have lots to play around with. I may make lots of dark flowers and surround them with the two lighter colours that are also the centres of the flowers. 
It has been quite the last couple of days of intense crafting and thinking about what projects to do. So enjoyable...

No comments:

Post a Comment