Friday 13 October 2023

A Couple of New Starts + WIPs

I started a Christmas ornament from a Just Cross Stitch Christmas Issue on some dark green 28ct Lugana from my stash. I'm using B5200; the pattern calls for 1, 2, and 3 strands in different places. I like that it's only one colour. This is one day's work...

Yesterday, I finished the green leaves and while waiting for Skip's CT scan, I got a lot of the leaves' backstitching done. Only a couple more hours and the stitching will be done. Then to cut and weave the bars for the hardanger, and, of course, the FFOing
Another new start is Vintage stars by Jeannette Douglas. I purchased the pattern and silk thread pack on a Facebook cross stitch destashing group for a very reasonable price. I'm stitching it on 46ct (!) Bristol linen so it won't be too huge when finished.
This is all I've done so far. Thank goodness for magnification.
I finished the water and waves on the right side of the house on my Live On Little piece and am working on the house/barn. I've had to frog a couple of the bricks that I'd stitched in the wrong place and still have to decide what colour I'm going to do the 'mortar'. This is the piece that I don't expect to finish for at least a year.

Willlie's Quaker Sampler #6  is going to be a companion piece to another red sampler it's 1 over 2 on 40ct Platinum linen with my favourite DMC 115. I did a few stitches on it at Monday morning stitching this week. It actually goes pretty quickly when I do spend some time working on it...
Companion piece:

I do try to rotate among them and complete or FFO something on a fairly regular basis. I do need that sense of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment