Monday 2 October 2023

Done and Done

Last night I finished all the twisted bars and spider web stitches, then checked to see if I missed anything.

Front of pocket.
Back of pouch.
Front flap.
To cover the openings in the spider web stitches, I covered them with pieces of the lining fabric - fixing them in place with some Wonder Under™ (fusible web).
I then cut batting to fit within the light blue border and fused it into place. With right sides of the pouch together with the lining, I hand stitched them together one thread away from the light blue border and turned it right side out. 

Next, I whip stitched the pocket edges - going under the corresponding backstitches. It made for a very neat finish.
I'm undecided about adding the little pocket for a stitch ripper or pencil. For now, this is the front with the flap closed.
And the back.
The open pouch. 

I need to add fasteners. The original had a cording that wrapped around but I'm considering two little snap fasteners like the ones I used on the scissor case.

And I do need to add some felt inside to hold needles.

While I was stitching up the pocket sides, I noticed I was missing the light yellow stitches in the border all along the right side.

Fortunately it wasn't difficult to add those stitches after the fact. 

 A little photo shoot of the set outside in natural light. 

The fronts.
The backs.
Although there was a LOT of stitching, it was fun to do and made for a very cute, sunflowery embroidery set.

There is also a pin cushion pot in the same series that I've purchased.

Not sure I want to make it but it could certainly be adapted to a less voluminous pincushion or needlebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment