Saturday 7 October 2023

Instead of Jacob Palooza

I am unable to attend Jacob Palooza which is taking place this weekend and next in London ON. Instead, I thought I'd haul out my long-finished Moonshine Cabin, which he designed, and get a start on finishing it.

For the past year or so I've been looking for a round, wooden piece that measures between 8 and 8 1/2" on which to mount the stitching. Finally I found one at our newly-opened Dollar Tree.

I mounted the piece on a piece of padded foam core and will then mount it so the plain side of  the wood is the side that shows. Now I'm trying to decide what fabric to use for the back.
I'm thinking of putting cording around the edges. The Leo & Foxy Falu Red is pretty close to DMC 777 or 814. I much check my stash first, though, to see if I already have cording that would work or perle cotton which I could use to make cording.
The finished diameter is 8 1/2". I want it to hang it so there is a bit of movement so all those HotFix jewels will sparkle.
Today was a stitching day for our guild. Many years ago we'd have the business meeting on the third Wednesday of the month and a stitching day one other day. We decided to re-implement that and it is the first Saturday of the month all year round at our usual meeting place, So far major holidays have been the first weekends of the month in July, August, September, and now this month. November and December's stitching days won't have to compete with a holiday.

I did some more work on my Live on Little piece but mostly gabbed with my stitcherly friends. I do enjoy getting out and getting some stitching done.

No comments:

Post a Comment