Wednesday 20 December 2023

On Track with My Knitting but Falling Behind on the Blogging...

I've been keeping up with Arne and Carlos' Advent stocking. Days 16 - 20 are done. 

Only 4 more days to go. 

I started another Musselburgh hat with some handspun. I'm not in love with the colours but it will be cozy. This was it as rovings.

and after spinning and plying - 3ply to maintain the colour integrity (and to not get barber poles).

It's coming out with distinct stripes. 

There has been a lot going on and by the time I have time to update the blog, I'm too tired, or I get distracted with some task or other.

On Sunday, the stitching folks got together for stitching at Barb's and lunch at a local (noisy!!) restaurant. Back at Barb's the table was covered with gifts before we tore them all open.

Poppy liked the project roll I made her.


And everyone got a hardware kit to make embroidery hoop boxes.

I got lovely gifts in return. Some edibles, some hand crafted, some ornamental, just beautiful things. 

We have decided we need to have a standing day every month to get together so we have selected the second Sunday of the month. That way all the working girls can attend.

We have been taking it pretty easy this week, enjoying sleeping in. I wake up fairly early then plug in earphones to listen to an audiobook until about 8:30. I make coffee, bring in the paper, open all the blinds, do the daily puzzles while I enjoy my coffee. At some point Skip joins me and I get him coffee and breakfast while he reads the paper. It's a nice rhythm. I've become such a homebody since COVID and after - I have to force myself to get dressed and out the door if I have errands to run. Once I'm out the door, I'm happy to be out and about but am always glad to get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment