Wednesday 15 August 2018

After the Demolition

The tub/shower area has been demolished. There was some evidence of mouse habitation but it isn't an active situation.
It turns out there was nothing under that mysterious step up to the tub. Since this photo, the new, white tub has been installed and the blueboard is ready for the tiling to begin.
Only the outline of the vanity remains. The two shutoffs in the floor have been moved to the wall so holes won't need to be cut in the bottom of the vanity.
The opening for the newer medicine cabinet will be taller than this one and there will be a new LED light fixture.
On the contractor's suggestion, I have purchased accent tile for the shower which should look very spiffy. As I'm leaving tomorrow for Twist, I believe I have made all the decisions I need to for the next couple of days.

When I get back, I'll need to paint the walls in preparation for the installation of the vanity. I'm hoping the countertop comes in soon.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up with your blog. I was interested to see that you have embarked on pulled thread work - or perhaps you have done it before? I wonder if you saw my entries some time ago on the antique white quilt I own? It is covered in needle made laces and many different examples of pulled thread work. I wish I could look at it with you and see what you made of it.

    ReplyDelete