Wednesday 15 August 2018

Vortex

I have lots of dishcloth cotton (worsted) in my stash, dating from my previous gig as a knitting instructor for a luxury cruise line. I liked to have some on hand to give to the ladies who were just learning how to knit but weren't quite ready for the pattern the cruise line provided. When the cruise line decided to discontinue the knitting program for most of the cruises, I was left with a stockpile of cotton yarn.

I'm between major knitting projects right now so I found a dishcloth pattern that was fun and somewhat challenging.  Vortex was such a pattern. There are several iterations of it, including directions for making it blanket sized.

By doing the colour sequencing differently, it can really look like a swirl. (Photo copied from Ravelry)


I may try that method sometime.

In the meantime, I have a bunch of ratty, faded dishcloths to get rid of to make room for some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment