Tuesday 7 August 2018

Almost Identical Twins

I just realized I never posted the finished socks that I was working on during our Scandinavian trip last fall.

You may or may not recall that I misplaced the coordinating blue yarn used for the cuffs, heels and toes while I was in Stockholm. When I got home, I found some somewhat similar yarn in my stash and finished up the pair.

The stripes and toes are identical but the cuffs (that most people won't see) and the heels aren't quite.
The yarn was Bliss sock yarn in the Celebrate the Night colourway by The Cosy Knitter - yarn purchased at last year's Knitter's Frolic. They were a simple K3, P1 ribbed pattern. So as to not interrupt the stripe pattern on the instep, I used a Fish Lips Kiss (FLK) heel - a type of short row heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment