Thursday 23 August 2007

Chewy's Making a Chrysalis!

I finished the Sweet Pea socks on Monday and wore them into the city to visit Lorna and Nancy yesterday. We had a nice lunch. I bought a Pandora bead - a suitcase - at a store in the PATH at the Adelaide Centre. I went to Romni Wools on Queen St. W. at Palmerston. They have an extensive inventory of yarn. Half of an entire wall was sock yarn! I didn't find anything 'to die for' but now I know where to go if I want a wide variety of yarn to choose from. From there I walked over to Lettuce Knit - a specialty yarn store in Kensington Market. I bought the Fall 2007 Interweave Knits magazine. I caught the Spadina streetcar and took it to Union where I knitted until I could get on the GO train. All in all it was a very nice day in the city AND I got a lot of knitting done!

I went to a 45 min. aerobics class this morning and then came home to shower (for the 2nd time this morning) and eat lunch before I went to visit Rifka in Downsview. I hadn't seen her in 6 years although we correspond sporadically via e-mail and Facebook. It was good to see her. I had to leave after only a couple of hours, though, because I didn't want to get caught in rush hour traffic. As it was, it took me 1.5 hours to get home just due to volume of traffic. Thank God I don't have to commute into the city to go to work.

Today the current Chewy climbed to the top of the Bug Bottle and started to pupate. It is currently attached to the underside of the lid. I expect it to be a chrysalis in the morning. Then it'll only be a couple of weeks until it metamorphoses into a beautiful monarch butterfly, assuredly before we leave for Indiana.

Hurricane Dean died down considerably, thank goodness. My friends in Tampico, Mexico reported that it was raining but there were no high winds. Phew, that's a relief.

Now I'm working on the Tidal Wave socks in the Tofutsies yarn in the pink, orange and yellow colourway #728 Three Feet Short. In modifying the pattern, I am carrying the pattern onto the instep and the top of the foot. I hope to finish them this weekend. I think I'll give them to Joan. I want to knit Monkey socks next and finish Scooter's other blue sock. I really liked the simple K3, P1 pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment