Wednesday 8 August 2007

Happy 27th Anniversary, Francey and Rich!

27 years ago today I attended the joyous wedding in Huntsville, TX of dear friends, Francey and Rich Aubuchon. It was a lovely, hot, Texan summer day with the magical palindromic numbers of 08/8/80 (Aug. 8, 1980). We celebrated with wine and beer and ate Texan barbeque (BBQd pork, chicken and sausage) and baked beans - much to the horror of Francey's southern belle mother, Barbara. The bride wore a lovely Nieman Marcus wedding dress with a delicate veil. My face hurt from smiling all day that day.

I just spent the week with Francey and Rich in Columbia, MO. They now have 3 wonderful, active children and their lives are full, healthy and happy. I congratulate them on 27 years of building a life together. Here's to you, Francey and Rich. May you celebrate many, many more anniversaries.

Now for things knitterly, I got a picture of the Adirondack Yarns Seamist silk/wool socks with the cat's paw pattern:

I also 'tinked' (unknit --> tink = knit backwards) a few rows of the yoga mat bag and re-knit - correctly this time. It's the pattern from p. 168 of Debbie Stoller's "Stitch 'N Bitch Nation". I'm using Plymouth Yarn's Sunsette 60% rayon/40% acrylic. It should be fairly indestructible. Here it is about half done. I guess I could have knit it in the round but chose to follow the pattern without changes.



I had a delightful time at the public library today. I went to pick up Pam Allen's "Scarf Style" which I had put on hold. I then spent quite a bit of time looking at the other knitting books and then sat down to tink the yoga mat bag and re-knit it. It was nice to sit in the cool, quiet library. I knit there for about an hour and enjoyed a latte (decaf, skim) from the coffee shop adjoining the library. Man, if this is typical of what my retirement will be like. I'm LOVIN' it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment