Sunday 12 August 2007

Rip it, Rip it

I knit 8 inches and half of the heel flap on the Sweet Pea sock yesterday. I discovered that if I put a sticky note under the row I'm working on on the pattern, it is much easier to keep track of where I am. I tried on what I had knit and could barely get it over my heel. Soooooo.... I frogged it back to the ribbing and switched to my 3mm Addi Turbo Lace needles and started again. It seems quite a bit looser so should do the trick. Have I mentioned I LOVE my new Addi Turbo Lace circular needles? They are brass (I don't have metal allergies, thank goodness) and red cord. The tips are a bit pointier so are good for the lace patterns I've been doing lately. I purchased them at that lovely yarn store, The Yarne Source, in Rochester, NY a couple of weeks ago.

On the caterpillar front, 2 have hatched from their eggs and are chomping away at the milkweed. Their poop is like black specks right now - just wait!!! I hope we get a better survival rate than the last few attempts. We're about 1 for 6 at this point.

Today Skip, Scooter and I are going to Taste of the Danforth . It is an ethnic food festival in Toronto's Greek Town (Danforth St.). Basically we'll wander up and down the street sampling ethnic foods until we can barely walk. Then we hop on the subway and come home and nap. It's supposed to be hot again tomorrow so staying hydrated will be a major goal as well. I'm wearing as few clothes as possible (shorts and short-sleeved top) and lots of sunscreen. Opa!

I've been invited to a friend's cottage next weekend. Yippee!! It'll be nice to visit and chat. It will only be the two of us. I'll drive up on Saturday morning with a stop-over at a yarn shop in Orillia and come home Sunday - hopefully before everyone else returns to the GTA from their cottages. I haven't seen my friend (and sorority sister) since the spring, I think. Of course, I'll take whatever knitting projects I'm working on. I have a couple of UFOs still: the triangular shawl, Sweet Pea socks, Surprise Baby Jacket, Lady Eleanor scarf, to name a few. Bit by bit I've been getting them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment