Sunday 20 January 2008

Brrrrrr!

It is REALLY cold out today. There were blue skies but a really stiff wind. After breakfast, I went back to bed for about an hour and then got up and went for a walk. I bundled up really well. The only bad part of the walk was when I was heading westward - facing into the wind. Other than that, the sun felt good.

We put the fireplace on again and burned up a bunch of scrap stuff. Skip and Scooter watched the football games and I prepared a delicious dinner of boneless pork chops, scalloped potatoes (my signature recipe from scratch) and steamed green beans. Scooter had chicken strips and mashed potatoes and green beans. I felt a bit snoozy after supper.

I'm working on the Cece cardigan. While I knit, in my head I'm making lists of things to do to get ready for our trip. I want to be all ready to go by dinnertime Friday. We'll take Ollie over to Michelle's on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I think I found your blog after you posted something to the multidirectional yahoo group. Well, I've been reading your entries and I thought I should comment if only to say "keep up the good work". I really like reading about your days. Your life sounds so nice since you've retired! Your cardigan looks wonderful so far. I love that lace pattern.
    Julie (from Michigan)

    ReplyDelete