Tuesday 1 January 2008

Feliz Año Nuevo!

I remember when New Years was such a BIG DEAL when I was younger. As a teenager, I was always hoping for an exciting house party. In university and as a young adult, I always wanted to go to a big dinner/dance. Unfortunately my boyfriend at that time was a professional musician and New Year's Eve was the biggest money-earning night of the whole year. I either went to the gig and sat alone or stayed home and waited for him to get home at about 2am. Now as a middle-aged person, I'm happy to stay off the roads and just stay home. Skip suggested we get some bacon-wrapped filets mignons and some bubbly and put on the fireplace. It was very nice. We watched football and then the Times Square ball-drop.

I've been working on the mitered square baby blanket. This is the yarn I selected (Bernat Cottontots).













I originally was looking for a nice merino superwash worsted but couldn't find any in pink or white. CottonTots had the right weight, so it'll be more of a thermal blanket.

I got this far by last night:













This is how far I am now:













I only have 4 squares to go. It'll be 30" x 30" without a border. I don't know if I'll knit one or crochet one. I also didn't really pay attention to the directions of the diagonals. If I were to knit another one, I'd plan that batter. The solid balls have enough yarn to do all 4 squares (100g) but the 'ombre' skeins are only 85g so I needed to buy an extra of each colour. I will have lots of the two solid colours left as I purchased an extra skein of them as well. I will likely knit a couple of wash cloths. I found a pattern with baby feet on it and another with 4 hearts as a spreadsheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment