Friday 18 January 2008

Magic Knitting!

Today I tried something new. I knit a striped washcloth.



See?


"Big Deal", you say?





Well it IS a big deal when you look at it an angle from the bottom.

"Here Kitty, Kitty".


It's magic!!! How cool is that!





Last night at our Sit 'n Knit the topic of illusion knitting came up. I was intrigued by the idea and wanted to see how it was done. I wanted to find a quick project for my first attempt. There are lots of patterns. The cat pattern is here.

Here's another cool one - a Ravenclaw scarf.

2 comments:

  1. How was Mexico Lindo? I've been thinking of heading there for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexico Lindo was good. It's located in Whitby at the SE corner of Gerrard and Taunton. If you're familiar with the one in Ajax, it's the same people and the same menu. I was happy to see the place was full of happy eaters so hopefully they'll be in business for a while. Also, I think they're affiliated with the restaurant at El Dorado golf course on Winchester.

    ReplyDelete