Friday 17 February 2017

Another Biscornu Started

This morning I sat out by the pool and started the next biscornu.
I didn't have all the colours available to me so I had to make some substitutions. On the way back from birding today we popped into WalMart to pick up a fuschia colour. Their DMC selection is about half what one would find at a craft store so the original fuschia colour I had in mind wasn't available so Skip helped me pick out one what would be befitting the ruby throat of a ruby-throated hummingbird.

You can't really see the white belly on the chart but it's there.

I'm stitching on 32 count linen with two plies over two threads. I may use lighter coloured fabric if I stitch this again. However, the linen feels really nice and the needle slides through it beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment