Tuesday 21 February 2017

Hummingbird Biscornu

Skip and I ventured into Brownsville and to the big box craft store to top up my supply of cross-stitch floss and beads to finish my hummingbird biscornu. All but one colour was in stock so I'm just going to substitute another one.

I finished the stitching and got the beads attached. (I just noticed one is missing and have added it).
Here's the free pattern. She has many, very cute patterns for biscornus, scissor fobs, and needle cases down the right side of her blog.

I only put beads on the blue 'snowflakes' on the bottom
so they're visible when it's right side up. I'm not sure why there are 'snowflakes' but they did fill the space nicely.

And this side has the beads.
Again, I'm not sure what I'll put in the middle - maybe just some yellow French knots.
I'll definitely make another one of these so I'll have one to keep and one to give away.
 I bought several colourways of DMC variegated flosses with this one in mind.

2 comments:

  1. I keep looking at all those wonderful birds you are able to see. Do you keep a life-time list, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have an app on my iPhone that has my life list.

    ReplyDelete