Thursday 1 June 2017

Sheepy Grab Bag

I really like making these project bags. It's one of my favourite patterns. Today, I made one for Jen1 from fabric she purchased on our adventure a couple of weekends ago.
It's "Knit Happy" in the Stitches of Love line by Henry Glass and Company.

The lining fabric is the swirly print which would be an excellent lining for many projects with black and white companion fabrics.
I took the bag outside for a photoshoot.

 One Siberian iris is in bloom. Many more are to follow.
I deviated from the original pattern by not making a pocket. This means I can get by with 1/2 yd. of fabric from each print. I also sew the bottom of the lining closed and pull everything through the short handle before sewing them up. That makes the bag completely reversible.

If you only have fat quarters, reduce the pattern to 72%. Many printers will do this for you. Then make it deeper.

Here's an example of ones I did that way.

On left is the completed bag without modifications. On the right is the pattern reduced to 72%.
On the left is the 72% reduction and on the right is the same proportion but made deeper to make full used of the 18" of fabric length from the fat quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment