Friday 23 June 2017

Trillium Embroidery Guild June Meeting

Our June Trillium Embroidery Guild meeting is always a pot luck (finger foods) meeting where we determine the executive for the next year, display our themed projects, award prizes, display our 'show and tell' items, and decide the theme for next year.

For 'show and tell' Jeanette stitched this beautiful sampler. She, like I, stitched several samplers this year.

She also stitched these adorable shirts.
 

This was also a project I saw her working on last fall at Elim as well as more recently. That pinwheel in the centre looked really challenging.

I was the only one to have the armchair caddy done for tonight's meeting. It was a big hit. This was the stitchalong project this year.  A couple of people told me they were now inspired to finish theirs.

I also brought in the two Prairie Schooler samplers I stitched this year.

The very cute puffin pin cushion was a favour that each participant got at the Embroiderer's Association of Canada seminar in Newfoundland last month. Evidently the hosts created 150 of them and each one had different embroidery on the back. A similar pattern for a chicken pin cushion can be found on Pinterest.
These were our TATA (Trillium Annual Themed Award) entrants in the charted/adapted chart category.
This was stitched over one thread and as can be seen in the photo above, was quite small.
It wasn't hard for me to tell that Jen1 stitched this one. She has quite a passion for all things Star Trek. It, too, was stitched over one thread.
This Strawberry Fields by Drawn Thread won the award in this category.
I now realize I should remove the glass for my sampler as it has squashed the French knots on the sheep.
This was the winner for the technical prize - a beautiful sampler with beads designed by Eleanor.
Diane won the award for the original design with her cute, bumble bee pillow. Here she is with the other winners.
And here we all are with our pieces. I'm not sure why I didn't get good individual shots of Bernie's and Alda's pieces. Compared to some other years, I believe there was good participation in this years 'competition'.
We all made suggestions for next year's theme and the winner was 'animals'. It will be open to any living being - mammals, fish, birds, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment