Friday 2 March 2018

A Couple of UFOs

When I pack to go south for the winter, I often throw in a few UFOs to work on. I usually have a short attention span so a whole big project probably wouldn't keep my interest but UFOs usually only have a little bit left to finish.

I unearthed this needlepoint project last year and did a lot of work on it.
I finished it up last night after 26 years since starting it. I bought the kit at Mary Maxim at their summer tent sale, I believe. It has a few different embroidery stitches beyond the customary basketweave and continental stitches: backstitch, French knots (on some of the shrubbery in the corners), outline stitch (like stem stitch on the green borders of the corner scenes), satin stitch, and brick stitch (the green background around the centre part.
I'll find an appropriate fabric for the back when I get home and get this whipped up into a finished pillow.

I bought 3 of these seasonal Heart in Hand kits at Judy's Stitchery in Harlingen last year or the year before and puttered away on them. I am missing one of the floss colours which I'll pick up next shopping trip. There are little charms and buttons with each kit. I brought two others to finish. I like to hang the finished pieces in my front hall and swap them out with the changing seasons.
I don't know why, but I really like doing alphabet samplers. This finished piece will fit into a 4" x 6" frame
I'm really looking forward to receiving the ball of yarn I ordered so I can start the i-cord edging to my Starry Night cardigan. Next week I'll start checking it at the post office to see if it has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment