Tuesday 20 March 2018

A Wee Bit of Stitching

On the weekend, we visited our friends, Nick and Heather in San Antonio. They have a 9 month-old daughter, Beatrix, who is very delightful.

I stitched her a little bee ornament which I had found in kit form.
I swapped out the Aida cloth for some evenweave white 28ct. Monaco. It stitched up quickly and was framed with the little wooden hoop that came in the kit. I gathered the fabric in the back like a 'yoyo' and then covered it with a circle of the light cardboard that also came in the kit, cut to size and glued in place.

Although not shown, I took the remainder of the yellow and black floss and made a twisted cord for a hanger. 

We had a lovely time in SA which I'll outline in a subsequent post.

It allowed us to miss the worst of the Spring Break on the island and have a lovely time with some very nice friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment