Saturday 3 August 2019

Blowin' A Gale

The other day I finished the second trigger mitten for my friend, Cathy.

Here's the back of the first one. I continued the pattern all the way to the tips of the fingers.
The 'salt and pepper' pattern is very common with these folksy Canadian mittens.
Here is the pair of them. I did end up making the first mitten a little longer as my fingers just touched the top and Cathy's hands are longer than mine.
These mittens are really for warmth. The alpaca yarn is lovely but won't stand up to hard wear so I'm going to knit her a second pair with more durable yarn. Poor dear is allergic to wool (alpaca's fine, though) so the next pair will be acrylic and high contrasting yarns - blue and while.
I've been stitching away on the model sampler I'm knitting for Teresa Kogut. I have most of the picture done and have started the alphabet. Photos won't be revealed until she releases the pattern or gives me permission to show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment