Thursday 29 August 2019

Katwijker Socks 3.0

Seven years ago I finished my first pair of Katwijker Frok socks. I wore them out. I knit another pair last year using Kroy sock yarn which made them pretty thick and great for cold winter days.

I decided to start another pair with some thinner yarn - Mary Maxim Step Softly yarn 75% superwash wool/ 25% nylon.
The yarn is quite nice to work with. I hope it holds up to wear as superwash isn't as strong as regular wool. I wanted a thinner pair so these should go well with jeans as the weather gets cooler and I start wearing closed shoes again.
Monarchs #29 and #30 eclosed this afternoon. I'll be releasing them a little later. The 34th larva pupated this afternoon as well. I have 2 very active larvae in the castle and 6 very young ones getting ready to go into the castle. We still have 3 or 4 weeks of this left to go this season.

I may tag them next year depending on what our summer schedule is.

We haven't done any travelling of significance this year except for a trip to an LPGA event in Grand Rapids MI (which go rained out the day we were there) by way of visiting my family en route in June and a weekend away to see the Tall Ships in Sarnia three weeks ago. We've more or less been 'grounded' due to medical issues but recently were cleared to travel as long as Skip can tolerate it. We have a few destinations in mind, it's just a matter of getting ourselves organized enough to plan the trip and head out.

No comments:

Post a Comment