Saturday 30 May 2020

Arrival! Finally!

The parcel finally arrived on Monday. It appeared in our community mailbox. No signature was needed after all. It spent one month in the US Postal Service and 3 weeks in Canada Customs and Canada Post; April 3 to May 25. Sheesh! Teresa and I are both very relieved.
The fabric, floss and chart were in it - it's the model I'm stitching for Teresa. The colours are very prim(itive).
Also in the parcel were 4 of her cross stitch patterns.

The star snowman was the one Vonna Pfeiffer finished as a tutorial in the 2019 Christmas - Winter Mega Issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher magazine. 

I also ordered 4 of her punch needle patterns.

One of her most popular samplers is Newcastle Bouquet which I just had to have. 
I also got her commemmorative book of 15 patterns that is in its 4th or 5th printing (400 each printing). It was released at Market in early March. I'm itching to start one of the Christmas pieces in it.
In Command is lovely. It can be stitched on this mottled fabric (Picture This Plus 32ct Mystic linen) or a more purple/blue blend PTP Gothic. The flowers on the dress are beautiful. It is not a huge piece but there are a lot of confetti stitches.
I have started the model for Teresa. It is called 'Above All' and she hopes to release it in the fall. I hope to have it done by the end of June. Hopefully mail service will have improved and I can mail it back to her. If not, I'll send it by courier. If things have opened up a bit, I could even drive to the US border and mail it to her.

So I have dropped all other stitching projects for now.

Days are all a jumble. Last weekend, the weather was beautiful so on Saturday afternoon Skip and I took a drive up to visit some donkeys. Skip got to line up outside at the store where we purchased carrots to take to the donkeys. He now understands what I go through every week to get our groceries.
Image may contain: one or more people, sky, outdoor and nature
There are 20 donkeys on this farm. We spotted a baby nursing from its mother when we got there. According to the farmer who came out to talk to us, it had been born the day before.
Image may contain: grass, outdoor and nature

Speaking of the Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher magazine, the current issue has several patterns I've put on my 'to do' list.
I saw someone's version of this on Facebook and really liked the colours. She had omitted the text at the bottom.
This designer lives in the Rio Grande Valley. I also like the colours of this pattern.
I was intrigued by this one because of the different directions the 'grass' stitches at the bottom are stitched with half crosses and an extra strand of floss.
I seem to have developed a preference for aqua coloured pieces. 

The summer edition should be out soon. 

The digital subscription is reasonably priced. They do not offer print issue subscriptions out of the US so that suits me fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment