Friday 22 May 2020

Maybe If I Start Another Project...

I have been getting updates from Canada Post about the status of my parcel I’ve been waiting for since April 3. It could arrive today or possibly Monday. I will need to sign for it and am wondering how I’ll do that with proper social distancing. Maybe it’ll be dropped off at the postal substation at the nearby pharmacy. My hope is that they’ll just deliver it to my community mailbox and skip the signature. I’ll keep you posted.

So I’m doing the stitcher’s equivalent of reverse psychology. I’ve started another project in hopes that will make the parcel arrive sooner. Remember when we all used to smoke at restaurants? The food would always arrive as soon as I’d light a cigarette. (I quit smoking almost 30 years ago after 20 years of heavy smoking. Quitting is one of my proudest accomplishments.)

I’ve had this chart in my stash since last summer when I purchased it on our epic road trip to upstate NY at The Stitcher’s Garden. I had completely forgotten about it and only discovered it after having a look through my vast stash of patterns.
 I really love Drawn Thread patterns, especially the smattering of specialty stitches.

This is a suggested modification to the pattern which appears as a little logo on the back of the chart.
I substituted 4 of the 7 threads. I’m using Weeks Dye Works equivalents: Seaweed for GAST Cucumber, Deep Sea for GAST Freedom, Red Rocks for WDW Old Red Paint and DMC 711 for WDW Oatmeal. I’m using what I think is 36ct linen fabric. It should fit into a 4 x 6 frame once it’s finished.
 I’m all set up in my ‘outdoor office’
just outside my kitchen door.
It is our third beautiful, sunny day in a row. I have my audiobook from the library on and Skip is working nearby in the garden. Life is good.

One snag, though. Skip found a dead hermit thrush that had clearly been killed by a neighbourhood cat. This is so upsetting. Cats are the biggest predator of wild birds. There is no good reason for cats to be outside. They can get lost, hit by cars, injured, stolen, and they piss off neighbours who are trying to attract and feed wild birds. The neighbours also don’t appreciate the urine smell and feces that get left behind.  (End of rant)

Now I must figure out what I’m going to have for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment