Monday 4 May 2020

Quarantine Knitting, a Project Bag, and New Start

I did the last block of the quarantine knitalong on the weekend. I did intarsia for the lower green parts and duplicate stitched the strawberry 'seeds'.
I have sewn the blocks in two 3 x 2 pieces which will be the front and back of a pillow. I'm now deciding whether to do and i-cord edging to join the front and back or simply sew them togther,

On Thursday, I met Siobhain and Jeanette in a parking lot to swap jigsaw puzzles and go to the dollar store. Siobhain gave me two puzzles which I haven't done yet. I found another of my own 500 piece puzzles and completed it on Friday.
It was tricky.

Yesterday I cut out and partially assembled another project bag. I don't have the right zipper so I put it aside and today I cut out and put together another one.  I had a half metre so used the 20" and made the vinyl window proportionately larger.
Unfortunately I cut it too narrow so the finished size is 1/2" narrower than usual with the final dimensions of 13" x 12.5".
I am using it for my newly started stitching project.

I received this kit as a gift a few years back. "K is for Knitter" by Victoria Sampler.
It came with the accessory kit with all the lovely silk threads. I got them all sorted out last June or perhaps the June before. And then the kit got misplaced somewhere in my craft room.

I found it again when I was packing for TX and tossed it in my craft suitcase. Of course, I didn't touch it. However, today, I pulled it out and started it this afternoon.
I like the specialty stitches and using silk threads. My rough hands don't like them but they sure slide through the fabric nicely. I may have to go in search of another nice sampler with silk threads. Perhaps something by Jeannette Douglas or someone of her ilk.

There are many elements to this piece but I'm happy I got a good start on it today.

I mailed my other friend named Siobhan some masks on April 6. She lives in London ON. She received them today. What the heck is up with Canada Post? I'm having such issues with the mail. Sheesh.

Siobhan send me a photo of her modelling her mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment