Thursday 7 May 2020

Finished Pillow

I wasn’t sure all the random colours and yarns in my Quarantine Knitting blocks would go together. I alternated dark and light backgrounds when I assembled the blocks. I used mattress stitch on the sides of the blocks and Arne’s technique for joining the tops to the bottoms.

I then decided to do a ‘faux piping’ using I-cord and this tutorial to join the back to the front.

I then firmly stuffed the pillow with half a cheap an inexpensive WalMart bed pillow.

I’m so pleased with how it turned out.
Side view.


It measures 17.5" x 14" and is my new favourite lumbar pillow on the sofa.

Skip and I got up at the crack of dawn this morning to go to WalMart during the 'senior hour'. I got a couple of the zippers that I wanted so tomorrow I will be able to finish another project bag. Skip did purchase foodstuffs.

 I made more progress on my 'K is for Knitter' sampler.
I need to even out the knotted stitches between the knitter and the koala and finish the koala. I only pick it up sporadically - my attention span still isn't that great and I seem to do a lot of napping - especially when I get up so early to go shopping and avoid crowds,

I do try and create something every day. It makes me feel good.

I'm even toying with the idea of knitting another bunch of blocks and making another pillow. This time, I want to have a colour palette so it is more matchy-matchy. I'm sure I have enough yarn in my stash to do so, and will make sure it's all wool as the acrylic blends behaved quite differently once knit up. They stretched out more as is visible in the strawberry block above.



No comments:

Post a Comment